Youth Organizer, Youth United for Change
Posted by Youth United for Change on November 3, 2014
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
JOB SUMMARY: YUC’s Organizers are the heart of the organization. They maintain YUC’s chapters and build leadership and organizing skills among youth members.
- Build and maintain YUC chapters, including;
- Recruit, engage and retain youth members;
- Conduct outreach (mailing, fliers, phone banking, personal relationships, etc.)
- Develop and implement leadership and community organizing trainings for youth, including weekend retreats and classroom workshops;
- Build and maintain relationships with school personnel and officials, politicians, other organizations, youth, and other relevant parties;
- Develop and implement youth organizing training curriculum, including: critical and power analysis, planning and running meetings, public speaking, developing and implementing strategies for change, and working with media;
- Guide youth in picking issues, developing and carrying out issue campaigns, devising organizing strategies, and preparing and implementing public “actions”;
- Organize protests and events, including ensuring media coverage;
- Keep abreast of the local political climate;
- Conduct research through survey development, focus groups, interviews, etc. and provide written reports on findings;
- Attend weekly staff meetings and assigned staff development trainings;
- Assist Executive Director with administrative tasks upon request;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.