ResCare Workforce Services
Youth Manager, MontCo TANF Program
Title: Youth Manager
Location: 1430 DeKalb Street, Norristown, PA
• Manages a caseload of young adults, providing career pathway services as required.
• Present and facilitate group career pathways, job readiness, life skill training
• Conduct orientation for participants and provide a positive introduction to the program
• Ensure all participants achieve the critical competencies taught in the workshop
• Complete paperwork to document participant activity and progress
• Conduct regular on going individual meetings with participants for education or job readiness
• Complete an individualized orientation to component services
• Identify participant challenges and prompt them to find solutions
• Maintain information about area resources and employers
• Arrange for employers to speak to participants about employment outlook and employer expectations
• Maintain scheduled, periodic contact with participants in a variety of locations
• Provide information to participants on available training and/or jobs that will lead to advancement
• Assume central responsibility for participants achieving self-sufficiency by monitoring progress throughout the program cycle
• Prepare, organize and maintain participant files reflecting the history of a program participant and maintain case files in an audit-ready state
• Maintain accurate, updated information in the participant database
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
• Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, all personnel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must maintain the confidentiality of all information
• B.S. /B.A. in social services or related field, a minimum two (2) years working with targeted population required.
Experience may be substituted for formal education.
• Must pass State criminal background check and drug screen.
• Must be able to pass DMV check and be insurable through the Company’s automotive liability carrier. Must provide own transportation and maintain proper vehicle registration, vehicle inspection and insurance.
• Forward resume to Ron Spangler at email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.