Youth Leadership Coordinator, Neighborhood Bike Works
Neighborhood Bike Works seeks a part-time Youth Leadership Coordinator. This individual must commit to working at least through the 2004-2005 school year, preferably longer. The individual must have bike repair and youth work experience, must own a bike and helmet, must be able to ride fifteen miles with a loaded trailer, must be adaptable and have a sense of humor. Compensation is $10/hour; promotion and/or full time work is possible.
At NBW we believe that youth are a resource, not merely the people we serve. Our students have shown us that they are willing and able to take responsible leadership roles in our organization. The Youth Leadership Coordinator will help youth step into these new roles.
* Recruiting for and facilitating Leadership Group, with the aim of youth joining NBW’s board advisory panel.
* Working with youth to organize and lead bike rides and other activities
* Working with youth to improve NBW curriculum
* Teaching advanced repair classes
* Working with youth to maintain fleet bicycles
* Working with volunteers and youth employees
To apply, send your resume to:
Neighborhood Bike Works
3916 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104
re: Youth Leadership Coordinator
Or as an attachment with your name and YLC in the document title to
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.