Sunrise of Philadelphia
Youth Employment Specialist, Sunrise of Philadelphia
The mission of Sunrise of Philadelphia is to support youth who face adversity to discover their strengths, experience success, and prepare for their future. Since 1999, we have provided high-quality educational and youth development programs. Sunrise has a proven track record and strong working relationships within South Philadelphia. We provide academic enrichment, career and college programming, and workforce development to nearly 1,000 youth annually.
Sunrise’s summer work programs provide opportunities for youth ages 12 – 18 to learn more about various career paths and gain hands-on/real world experiences through job placement. Sunrise provides stipends and wages to nearly 200 youth through a partnership with the Philadelphia Youth Network’s (PYN) summer WorkReady and Career Exposure initiatives.
Sunrise seeks a Youth Employment Specialist to oversee administrative and logistical support aspects for all summer youth work programs. This position is responsible for overseeing recruitment and enrollment of nearly 200 eligible youth in our 2 summer work program paths: Career Exposure and WorkReady. The Youth Employment Specialist is responsible for collecting and submitting required youth application/employment forms and program surveys in accordance with grant guidelines. This position is the main point of contact for youth and parents about the enrollment and payment process, via phone, email, and in person.
This a non-exempt, fill-time (30 hours/week max), seasonal position that reports directly to the High School Site Director. This position begins in March 2018 and ends in August 2018. The Youth Employment Specialist will work up to 30 hours/week throughout the duration of the position.
Overview of Responsibilities
• Coordinate student recruitment efforts
o Create materials to advertise all three summer work programs to participants
o Connect with school and community partners to host information, recruitment, and enrollment sessions for participants and their caregivers
• Ensure client enrollment paperwork is completed according to timelines and in compliance with stated regulations
o Develop and oversee process for file intake
o Create and manage systems to track completion and submission of required forms and documents
o Assist youth and caregivers with completing and submitting paper and online applications
o Follow up with participants and caregivers in a timely and courteous manner to obtain missing paperwork and documents
o Review all client files to ensure they are accurately completed for submission to PYN
o Input client data to online systems
• Liaise with clients and PYN staff to navigate the enrollment, timesheet, and payment process to ensure student workers get paid on time
o Ensure WorkReady participants accurately complete timesheets; submit timesheets to PYN in a timely manner
o Manage tracking and submission of incentive stipends for Career Exposure and JumpStart participants
• Ensure all youth participants complete required surveys and assessments
• Attend organizational meetings as needed
• Other duties as assigned and needed
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ related experience. Associate’s degree and 5-years’ related experience
• Experience working in or administering Philadelphia Youth Network funded programs a plus
• Expert organizational skills
• Proven ability to create and manage systems to track intake of large quantities of sensitive documents and ensure on-time submission of files
• Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple, ongoing and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to solve complex problems
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Customer service-oriented; friendly and courteous manner to people of all ages from various backgrounds
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of young people
• All employees are required to submit up-to-date child abuse, criminal background, and FBI clearances and health assessments before they can begin work
Please email cover letter and resume to Angela Jubinville, Program Quality Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please visit http://www.sunriseofphila.org for more information about our organization, the programs we offer, and the community we serve.
Sunrise of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sunrise is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at Sunrise are made without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability or military/veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable State, Local and Federal Civil Rights Laws.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.