Youth Certified Peer Specialist
Posted by People's Emergency Center (PEC) on November 17, 2020
The Youth Certified Peer Specialist is responsible for providing trauma-informed peer support services and therapeutic interactions designed to promote empowerment, self-determination, coping skills, and resilience through mentoring and assisting with strengths-based service coordination for youth ages 16-24 residing in PEC’s Youth Housing Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide peer mentorship to youth in the program
- Encourage and support the individuals in the program with a strengths-based approach
- Assist each youth with developing an individual service plan in conjunction with the case manager based on the educational, personal, and behavioral health needs of the individual/family
- Assist youth with developing of safe and healthy coping and life skills through mentorship and through use of life skills assessment
- Participate in training and development activities as required by the state guidelines and best practices as per PEC.
- Participate in weekly supervision
- Work collaboratively with the team to provide support and guidance for the youth
- Facilitate regular focus groups to learn ongoing needs of youth in the program
- Provide guidance for connecting with community resources and behavioral health as needed
- Participate in MDT meetings with youth resident to offer support
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
- Digital Technology Manager, OIC of America – Dec 18
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.