Workshop – Flip the Script from Fear to Courage – Feb 4
Workshop Dates: 6 consecutive Sundays, February 4 – March 11, 2019, 6:30 – 9:30 PM
This 6-week workshop is designed for those looking for creative tools to use in your change work & as a catalyst for personal transformation and healing.
Look forward to being introduced to Theatre of the Oppressed techniques to help you improve your ability to effectively engage diversity issues, gain clearer understanding of social and personal challenges, then envision and rehearse just strategies to break the cycles of oppression in our lives.
Here is how this works:
1. Register (via google form) to take the first night for free!
2. Receive email confirmation from Just Act
3. Attend first session on Sunday Feb 4@630pm
4. Pay later (by second session) if you decide to join the full workshop. Registration Fee $175.
To reserve your spot for FLIP THE SCRIPT FROM FEAR TO COURAGE Register Now
Flip the Script from Fear to Courage is a Theatre of the Oppressed-based workshop for ANYONE who seeks to:
- Decode & confront internalized ‘scripts’ that prevent us from being our most authentic, powerful selves
- Recover your intelligence in hurtful situations
- Explore conflict as a place of possibility
- Tap into loving ourselves in all that we are
- Create & rehearse strategies for more equitable relationships
- Gain greater awareness of yourself
- Strengthen communication & listening skillls
Using playful yet powerful tools from Theatre of the Oppressed, FLIP the SCRIPT from FEAR to COURAGE offers a refuel zone to creatively pause and attend to the ‘cops in our heads’ that cause internal and external tension particularly around race, gender, culture, socio-economic and other social identity disparities.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.