Workshop: College Admission Process during COVID-19 – Jan 18
Posted by University of Pennsylvania on December 22, 2020
On behalf of the University of Pennsylvania’s Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr “Day of Service” committee, we would like to invite your high school students to our free workshop entitled, “College Admission Process during COVID-19.” We will explore how to successfully complete the College Application, Admission and Financial Aid process.
The college admissions and financial aid application process can be time consuming and confusing! This virtual workshop will help you better understand college admissions and financial aid. Topics explored include:
- What to consider when picking a college
- Managing application deadlines
- How to apply for financial aid
- What you should include in your essay
- Information for First Generation/ Low Income Students
When: Monday, January 18, 2021
Time: 1:15pm – 2:30pm
Where: Zoom Virtual Workshop
If you would be responsible for a group of students, you can register them by emailing their names and email addresses to email@example.com.
The students will also have the opportunity to earn community service credits needed for graduation by participating in the City-Wide Donation Project.
If you have any questions, please email Darin Toliver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: PA Redistricting 101 – Apr 22
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Separating Fact from Fiction – Apr 14
- Community College of Philadelphia – News and Updates for HS Counselors – Apr 16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.