Urban Affairs Coalition
WorkReady Receptionist/Program Coordinator, Urban Affairs Coalition
This position is part of a seasonal team responsible for the Urban Affairs Coalition’s Summer Youth Employment program, which provides paid summer job opportunities and support to youth ages 14-18 through WorkReady Philadelphia. The six week program runs from July through mid-August and includes career exposure, on-the-job mentoring and professional development. In 2018, UAC anticipates serving 1,500 youth.
UAC anticipates hiring two WorkReady Receptionist/Program Coordinators who will each spend part of their time as the receptionist and part of their time as general program support. This position will often be the first point of contact for inquiries from the general public, youth participants, their families, and worksites and will provide administrative support across the WorkReady program.
This is a seasonal position beginning in March and ending in August.
- Handle a high volume of telephone, in-person, and email inquiries from program participants, potential program participants, family members, and worksites. Answer questions when possible, or forward calls to the appropriate personnel as necessary;
- Troubleshoot and deescalate issues and concerns communicated by clients;
- Greet and welcome visitors, by directing and helping them appropriately;
- Assist with entering and maintaining program data and files, as needed;
- Assist program participants and worksites with completing program paperwork, including assistance with detailed program eligibility requirements and accurate completion of application documents, as needed;
- Photocopy materials and other administrative duties, as needed;
- Assist with program participant timesheet collection, organization, and input, as needed;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be a flexible, communicative, and agile team player, able to coordinate and share resources and data;
- Strong customer-service orientation with good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to deescalate conflict and stay cool under pressure;
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented;
- Must be able to multi-task while meeting programmatic benchmarks and deadlines;
- Must be comfortable working with youth and young adults ages 14-18;
- Must be willing to work some non-traditional hours as needed;
- Must be a self-starter with good time management skills.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.