Urban Affairs Coalition
WorkReady Enrollment Specialist, Urban Affairs Coalition
This position is part of a seasonal team responsible for the Urban Affairs Coalition’s Summer Youth Employment program, which provides paid summer job opportunities and support to youth ages 14-18 through WorkReady Philadelphia. The six week program runs from July through mid-August and includes career exposure, on-the-job mentoring and professional development. In 2018, UAC anticipates serving 1,500 youth.
The Enrollment Specialist is responsible for assisting youth with the program enrollment process, ensuring that a large volume of youth applicants complete detailed and accurate enrollment paperwork. Youth enrollment is expected to be completed by the end of April. The Enrollment Specialist may apply to transition to a Program Mentor role for July and August.
This is a seasonal position beginning in March and ending in May.
- Lead youth applicants through complicated and detailed enrollment paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Answer inquiries from youth applicants and their families regarding program details and requirements;
- Organize youth files and make photocopies of pertinent materials;
- Assist with orientation sessions for youth program participants, as needed;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be a flexible, communicative, and agile team player, able to coordinate and share resources and data;
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours – evenings and weekends;
- Strong patience, exceptional attention to detail, and organization skills required;
- Must have strong leadership skills and can communicate effectively to groups of 14-18 year olds;
- Ability to deescalate conflict and stay cool under pressure;
- Strong inquiry and conflict resolution skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills; customer-service oriented;
- Must be a self-starter with good time management skills;
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.