Workforce Institute VISTA, Public Health Management Corporation
Posted by Public Health Management Corporation on December 4, 2018
Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) is a nonprofit public health institute that creates and sustains healthier communities. With more than 2,500 employees supporting this family of programs and subsidiaries, 70 sites and 350,000 clients served annually, PHMC has become one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation. A key component of our work is addressing all aspects of wellness, including income security through workforce development. Our program provides the nationally-recognized STRIVE model for job readiness, advanced technology training, and access to comprehensive health and human services. The program seeks to ensure that low-income and at-risk youth can access the high-paying jobs of the future while overcoming trauma and other barriers to wellness.
About National Nurse-Led Care Consortium
The National Nurse-Led Care Consortium is a national leader supporting and advocating on behalf of nurse leaders affiliated with PHMC.
The National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC) is a national leader supporting and advocating on behalf of nurse leaders. We are a nonprofit member-supported organization, and provide a wide range of services to educate and support nurses on the frontlines of health care. Our Mission to advance nurse-led health care through policy, consultation, and programs to reduce health disparities and meet people’s primary care and wellness needs.
The member tasks and activities will include:
1. Refine a system of resource-generation for the organization to support its programming.
2. Identifying new funding sources/opportunities for workforce development funding.
3. Create and manage outcome data tracking systems to track employed youth.
4. Prepare grant proposals and corporate sponsorship applications and assist with donation outreach
5. Help develop and distribute marketing materials to promote the program to potential funders and donors providing content for website updates.
6. Support employer relations to connect youth with job opportunities
7. Create presentations to use for meetings for outreach purposes with area businesses.
8. Provide materials and support for volunteer management and recognition.
Those interested can apply through the AmeriCorps VISTA Portal by following the link below.
- Community Partnerships in the Arts Teaching Artist, Fleisher
- Teacher Residency Program, School District of Phila. – Feb 3, Mar 4
- Office Manager/Bookkeeper, Coalition against Hunger
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.