ResCare Workforce Services
Work Readiness Instructor/Consignment Store Operator, ResCare
Title: Work Readiness Instructor/Consignment Store Operator – RWS
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Work Readiness Instructor/Consignment Store Operator – RWS.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare.
Where Care Meets Career.
Work Readiness Instructor/Consignment Store Operator – RWS Responsibilities
Conducts job readiness and job search workshops to motivate participants and help them develop the skills needed to secure employment. Develops and prepares training materials and lesson plans. Administers and interprets approved aptitude and proficiency tests according to prescribed procedures. May provide counseling, job coaching and job search assistance.
• Provide classroom instruction to participants in computer literacy, job search techniques, life skills, money management, job retention strategies, pre-vocational/career transition opportunities and one-on-one tutoring, as needed
• Use classroom instruction and group participation activities to assist program participants in learning basic math, reading, writing skills, vocabulary, grammar; and to prepare for GED test
• Provides input and assists in the development of Individual Service Plans.
• Develop teaching outlines and select and/or design appropriate instructional materials
• Tests for and documents attainment of competencies and academic progress
• Develops individual participant assessment based on participant’s performance and reports on participant progress
• Conducts group participation activities to build self-esteem, enhance motivation to complete training, and improve communication skills
• Provides individual tutoring related to individual needs in areas of basic skills
• Provides individual counseling related to vocational exploration, goal setting, and problem-solving; addresses behavioral problems
• Analyze and improve customer service by identifying areas that require improvement and implementing enhancements
• Assist in developing, designing and maintaining appropriate documentation of course offerings
• Conduct needs assessment through formal and informal evaluation
• Works with case management staff to facilitate job search and placement maximizing retention for the client.
• Other duties as assigned
• Related Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent work experience
• Related work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources
Retail Management Experience Required; Degree/Experience in Fashion Merchandising Preferred
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
• Competitive pay based on experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
• Suite of voluntary insurance options
• Paid Time Off
• Performance incentives
• Company Discount Purchasing Program
o Cell phone Service
o Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
o Staples discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Legal Assistance Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
1200 New Rodgers Road Suite G-21, Bristol, PA 19007 USA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.