Women’s Way Local Honoree Awards
Posted by on December 30, 2005
WOMENS WAY’s 29th Annual Event
Nominate An Unsung Heroine Today!!!
WOMENS WAY is currently accepting nominations for its 2006 Local Honoree Awards.
Each May, WOMENS WAY hosts our anniversary celebration known as the Annual Event. On this day approximately 1,600 business, government and community leaders gather to celebrate the work of WOMENS WAY and its agencies and pay tribute to women who have made a difference in our community. WOMENS WAY and the Annual Event Planning Committee would like to invite you to take an active role in the planning process by making a nomination.
Nominate an unsung heroine for WOMENS WAY’s Local Honoree Awards!
Every year, WOMENS WAY presents two Local Honoree Awards to local women who have made significant contirbutions to women and girls in our community. The criteria for the Local Honoree Awards include the following:
* The nominee is a resident of Bucks, Burlington, Camden, Chester, Delaware, Gloucester, Montgomery or Philadelphia counties.
* Her beliefs and values are consistent with WOMENS WAY?s mission statement which reads: WOMENS WAY raises money and public awareness to fight for and achieve women’s equality, safety, self- sufficiency and reproductive freedom through women- centered funding, advocacy and education.
* The nominee has made significant contributions to her community, specifically relating to women and girls. If she works outside her home, these contributions have been above and beyond, or different from, her job.
* She has not already received widespread recognition for the activities for which she is being nominated.
* She is not an elected official, does not currently serve on the board of WOMENS WAY or its agencies and has not received a WOMENS WAY award in the past.
* She is available to accept the award in person at the 29th Annual Event on May 4, 2006 from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at the Wyndham Philadelphia at Franklin Plaza.
To receive a nomination application, please contact Laura Hoogland, Manager of Public Relations & Special Events, at WOMENS WAY at 215-985-3328, ext 226 or email email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 13th at 5 PM.
Please help spread the word about the Local Honoree Awards. Forward this email on to your contacts.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Free Webinar: SPONSORED Philanthropy & Funding Nonprofits and Donor Advised Funds: Perceptions, Progress, and Potential Impacts – Oct 7
- Student Voting Webinars for Faculty – Sep 24, Oct 1&7
- Webinar Series: PHLConnectED – An overview for Community Leaders – Sep 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.