WOMEN’S OPPORTUNITIES RESOURCE CENTER: JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
INTERNET INITIATIVE PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia that promotes social and economic self-sufficiency for economically disadvantaged women and their families. WORC is nationally recognized for its microenterprise and Individual Development Accounts (also known as the Family Savings Account Program which is an incentive program for low income individuals to save and accumulate enough assets to break out of the cycles of dependency). WORC recently received a grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Technologies Opportunities Program to develop and launch an online, distance learning program for its Individual Development Accounts. WORC will extend the reach of the program to provide training, counseling, and online banking to its participants.
* Implement a distance learning program for the Family Savings Account Program.
* Develop and implement WORC e-commerce initiative.
* Manage distance learning site. Assist distance learning subscribers and clients via phone and internet.
* Train WORC clients and staff to use the internet as it relates to distance learning and e-commerce.
* Market distance learning to Pennsylvania providers and other states.
* Strong computer knowledge with online distance learning experience and at least one to two years experience in financial service or related field.
* A BS or BA from an accredited college or university is required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, health, and retirement annuity.
The position is currently open. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter, with resume, salary requirements, and references to:
Chief Operating Officer
Women’s Opportunities Resource Center
2010 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.