WIOA Workforce Advisor, Nueva Esperanza
PA CareerLink has an immediate opening for a full-time WIOA Workforce Advisor. The WIOA Workforce Advisor provide WIOA eligible customers with employment focused case management that leads to job placement and job retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent, prompt, and staff-assisted customer service to customers referred to and served by the WIOA program;
- Assess eligibility and suitability for services offered through the PA CL N;
- Complete eligibility determination and submit for review and approval to the Team Lead to ensure accuracy and suitability;
- Register WIOA eligible and suitable customers; refer customers who do not meet WIOA eligibility or are not suitable to appropriate community resource and track referrals;
- Assist customer in understanding the full array of services offered; recommend, promote, and schedule customers for universal and specialized services; follow up with customers on regular basis to ensure customer participation in planned services;
- Assist the customer to complete the Employment Development Plan (EDP) and Job Finding Plan/Earned the Right to be Referred Checklist to help customer establish goals and steps to take the achieve the goals;
- Ensure that data and case notes are entered into CWDS and other systems timely;
- Participate in job planning and other customer-focused meetings and work with Instructors and Job Developers to implement job placement and retention plans;
- Notify Team Lead when customers are not participating and are unable to contact for follow-up by Cross Center Services provider;
- Contact customers after they are placed to check on job retention progress and re-engage customer with the Center if employment is lost;
- Assist customer in obtaining needed supportive services and assistance from other resources;
- Provide counseling and referral services as needed;
- Maintain customer file per contract requirements;
- Attend meetings as required; and
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a Human Services related field; or 5 years equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working within an employment/training or human services environment, or related field.
- WIOA knowledge and experience helpful;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of office computer software
- Sound knowledge of Philadelphia area and city agencies/system
PA CareerLink offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.