Wild and Wonderful, Witty and Wacky Workshop Work Week at Highlander
Posted by on April 6, 2009
Highlander Announces Our New
Wild and Wonderful
Witty and Wacky
Workshop Work Week!!
May 25-29, 2009
Start one of your best summers ever with Highlander staff and people from around the country at the premiere of Highlander’s new Wild and Wonderful, Witty and Wacky Workshop Work Week, May 25-29, 2009.
Spend your morning in the idea of Highlander, learning from each other, having political discussions, and participating in workshops on popular education, organizing, movement building, and the history of social change.
Spend the afternoon in service to the place of Highlander. As part of a team, help clear a trail, work in the garden, plant trees, paint a room, file in the office, or build a bench, for example. There will be volunteer jobs for all levels of skill and physical ability.
In the evenings, sing with Guy and Candie Carawan, tell stories over homemade ice cream, watch movement films under the stars, and square dance with a caller and live band (lessons provided).
It’s a good old Highlander throw-down that will start with supper at 6:00 pm on Monday, May 25, and conclude with lunch at noon on Friday, May 29th.
Cost: Sliding scale $350-500. Some partial scholarships available.
How to apply:
* Online application form: http://www.highlandercenter.org/n-work-week-application.asp
* Printable application form: http://www.highlandercenter.org/pdf-files/work-week-application.pdf
For more information, contact Susan Williams, email@example.com or Kristi Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-933-3443.
- Submit a Proposal for the HIV Prevention and Education Virtual Conference – Mar 24
- National Service-Learning Conference Student Showcase – Deadline Extended – Feb 26
- Frontiers of Social Innovation: People, Power, Resources: Enacting an Equitable Future – May 11-13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.