Where do we go from here? A live virtual discussion on anti-racism efforts – Aug 13
After the tragic murder of George Floyd, many colleges and universities released strong statements denouncing police brutality and the relentless racism Black Americans face. However, systemic racism has plagued our country for over four hundred years, and it isn’t something that will simply dissipate—it must be met with anti-racism strategies.
Join the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU) for a live, virtual event where four CUMU university presidents and chancellors will honestly discuss where we go from here. This critical dialogue will center on how and why higher education leaders need to go beyond rhetoric to combat systemic racism and inequities towards systematic and lasting change.
- How can we develop proactive agendas that combat discrimination, inequalities, and injustices that are omnipresent in American society?
- How can we support individual and institutional readiness in addressing racism and inequities?
- What is our role as engaged anchor leaders in addressing our own institution’s history and role in creating the very systems and structures in place today?
This virtual discussion will highlight ways to center anti-racism into our urban missions and is a space for attendees to think critically about their role within their institution and cities.
Date and Time: August 13, 2020, 2:00-3:30 PM
Learn more and RSVP: https://www.cumuonline.org/where-do-we-go-from-here-a-live-virtual-discussion-on-anti-racism-efforts/?utm_source=CUMU+Membership&utm_campaign=3706b7645e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_07_17_06_45_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bf28fdfe6b-3706b7645e-84836249&mc_cid=3706b7645e&mc_eid=b589845d52
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Strike for the Common Good: Fighting for the Future of Public Education – Dec 8
- Making the Case for Recognition of Learning: Evidence from the Field to Scale Effective Practices and Policies – Dec 10
- Community Health Worker Training Program – Dec 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.