West Philadelphia Skills Center for Economic Advancement (WPSCEA)
Posted by on January 28, 2013
The West Philadelphia Skills Center for Economic Advancement (WPSCEA) is now accepting applications for the next session of our Connect to Success program. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is partnering with WPSCEA to provide successful graduates of this cohort with preferential hiring status for their Patient Attendant openings. While a clinical background is not required interested candidates with a background in the health field with clinical skills and or advanced training (AMA, CNA, CMA, EMT, etc.) are preferred. In our program you will gain the skills that will support your rapid connection to employment and a better financial future for you and your family.
PARTICIPANT GUIDELINES YOU MUST BE:
– Unemployed or under-employed high school graduate or the equivalent (earning $9.00 per hour or less)
– A resident of West Philadelphia (as defined by zip codes 19104, 19131, 19139, 19143, 19151)
– Able to commit to 4 weeks of training, 5 days a week, 6 hours per day
w- MOTIVATED and ready to work for CHOP
– Professional development and Work Readiness Skills
– Financial Literacy Training
– Income Benefits Screening
– Continued access to one-on-one Coaching for 6 months after the program
To learn more about the program, please join us at one of our 1 hour information sessions on Wednesday, January, 30 (10-11am), or Monday, February 4 (1-2pm). All information sessions will be held at Community College of Philadelphia – West, 4725 Chestnut Street, room 112.
You must RSVP to 267-299-5849 to be admitted to a session. Sessions will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications will be available at the information session and at University City District’s office at 3940 Chestnut Street.The application deadline is Tuesday, February 5.
Questions? Call 267-299-5849. For more information about University City District’s
West Philadelphia Skills programs, visit http://www.westphiladelphiaskills.org
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Summer Science Inquiry Institute for Teachers – Aug 3-7
- Second Community of Practice Boundary Spanning Leadership – Jul 16
- Webinar: Fostering S-LCE Faculty Development Spaces to Center Antiracist Pedagogy – Aug 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.