Webinar: Why Are More Policymakers Supporting Community Schools?
Posted by on May 11, 2009
Why Are More Policymakers Supporting Community Schools?
A Conversation with School and Local Government Leaders
Join Us On Our Webinar
Monday May 18th at 2pm (ET)
Education is a core priority for the Obama Administration. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, former leader of the largest community school system in the nation, believes that embracing schools as centers of community will bring them into the 21st Century to better meet the needs of today’s students, families, and communities.
Do you want to bring the community schools strategy to your community? Join us to learn more about how and why local school and municipal leaders are implementing community schools. We will be joined by an expert panel including a Mayor, County Chairperson, and a District Superintendent about how and why they chose community schools. How are they bringing their community schools initiative to scale? What challenges did they encounter?
Mark your calendar and bring your questions about community schools to this expert panel and see if community schools can be a strategy for your community!
* Dr. Karen S. Angello, Superintendent, Allentown School District, PA
* Kathryn L. Taylor, Mayor, Tulsa, OK
* Ted Wheeler Chair, Multnomah County Board of Commissioners, Portland, OR
* Marty Blank, President, Institute for Educational Leadership and Director, Coalition for Community Schools
Space is limited – reserve your spot today! Share this announcement colleagues and networks!
RSVP by Friday, May 15th, at 5 pm ET (Instructions for participation will be sent out to those registered.)
[There is no fee to participate, but due to capacity restrictions, please limit registrations to one per organization.]
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Strike for the Common Good: Fighting for the Future of Public Education – Dec 8
- Making the Case for Recognition of Learning: Evidence from the Field to Scale Effective Practices and Policies – Dec 10
- Community Health Worker Training Program – Dec 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.