Webinar: Social-Emotional Learning for an Antiracist Future – Sep 23
How can educators create equitable and anti-racist teaching practices and learning environments so that students have the safety to learn in the comfort of their own skin? Join us for a conversation with educator and antiracist Dr. Dena Simmons to explore the power and purpose of education for social change.
During this webinar, we will:
- Explore how educators can empower students to work towards healing and social change
- Learn how Facing History engages educators in a critical examination of social-emotional learning with an equity and justice lens
Date and Time: September 23, 2020, 7:00-8:00 PM
At the conclusion of the webinar, you will be able to download a certificate of completion from the webinar console showing one hour of participation. Check with your school district in advance of the webinar to ensure that the professional development credit is accepted.
Learn more and register: https://www.facinghistory.org/calendar/web2020nat33-social-emotional-learning-antiracist-future-conversation-dr-dena-simmons?utm_campaign=fy21-educator-newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=95500857&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8O5Ey8flm_xZJB7Oqxj2q6nS9kbDevRMZtgKh1vBBjPo6oLX8mQzrv6tNgoA1RB_X9GlFTRqHdPoRnosVt-Cw6D8MOvQ&utm_content=95500855&utm_source=hs_email
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Aspen Institute: 2GenLevelsUp Prizes
- Playworks in the Virtual Classroom – Nov 17
- Webinar: Reflecting and sharing our stories about the 2020 Election – Nov 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.