Webinar: Re-entering the Arts Classroom; Transitioning back to the physical classroom – July 28
Posted by Arts in the Other 23 on June 2, 2020
As we anticipate the coming school year, it is necessary for arts educators to plan for the unexpected ways that our students, our classes, and how we ourselves have changed during this pandemic crisis. Art plays a unique role in recovering from the collective trauma of the pandemic and building the necessary resiliency to promote post traumatic growth.
During this 2.5 hour workshop, participants will explore:
- Identifying barriers to success and what the COVID slide may look like (cognitively & behaviorally)
- Building creative solutions to overcome those barriers
- Implementing brain-based strategies and techniques into lesson planning and physical classroom spaces
Small group break-out sessions will provide experiential activities to reinforce ideas presented in this workshop.
Tuesday, July 28th | 10:00am – 12:30pm
$25 per person…register online here: https://agrebe915.wixsite.com/artintheother23/resources
Workshop is limited to 20 participants
Presenters: Jenny Bopp is Dance Program Coordinator at Westtown School in West Chester. Amy Grebe is Director of Education at Girls First. Grebe and Bopp’s work meets at the intersection of arts, education, and post traumatic growth. Their research and musings can be found on the blog, Arts in the Other 23, as well as in the academic publication, Healing Through the Arts for Non-Clinical Practitioners.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- WTS Philadelphia Transportation YOU Event: Virtual Airport Tour – Mar 13
- Webinar: Does American Criminal Justice Need Reform? – Mar 10
- DiscoverED: Calling all 2nd grade Classrooms in PA (STEAM and Maker Pedagogies) – Mar 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.