Webinar: Racial Justice in Philanthropy: From Transactional to Transformational – Dec 2
As our nation reckons with its history of racial injustice, how can philanthropy change its theories and methods of giving in order to contribute to positive social change?
What does allyship look like as we move into a new decade, rife with calamity and crisis, at a time when a global pandemic has exacerbated the systemic inequities that devastate the most marginalized among us?
In this complimentary SSIR Live! program, participants will:
- Learn what foundations are doing to respond to racism and support the self-identified needs of marginalized communities
- Gain understanding of philanthropy’s legacy of white supremacy and privilege
- Hear the personal stories and insights of leaders who are deeply engaged in this work
Date and Time: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 2:00-3:00 PM
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Strike for the Common Good: Fighting for the Future of Public Education – Dec 8
- Making the Case for Recognition of Learning: Evidence from the Field to Scale Effective Practices and Policies – Dec 10
- Community Health Worker Training Program – Dec 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.