Webinar for Educators: Exploring Climate Migration in the Classroom – Aug 19
Posted by The Pulitzer Center on August 4, 2020
Join senior environment reporter Abrahm Lustgarten and Pulitzer Center education staff for a webinar on bringing climate migration and data journalism into your classroom.
Educators are invited to join Pulitzer Center education staff and journalist-grantees for a professional development webinar on migration and its relationship to climate change. By engaging with a pathbreaking new reporting project in The New York Times Magazine and ProPublica, participants will be able to:
- explore new models for understanding how migration will change as the world warms,
- hear the stories of today’s climate refugees from Central America,
- evaluate action steps to keep the planet habitable for human life,
- and identify interactive methods for sharing under-reported stories on migration with students.
Webinar attendees will receive a 1-hour certificate of attendance upon completion of a short survey.
Date and Time: Aug 19, 2020, 05:30 PM
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Invitation to Apply: Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow – $250 Award – Sep 21
- Webinar: Back to School: Perspectives From the American Public on Postsecondary Education – Aug 12
- Webinar Series: Voices from the States, 2Gen Champions in Action – Aug 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.