Webinar: Incorporating Equity in Disaster Mitigation and Climate Adaptation Programs – Oct 21
Posted by EPA Office of Environmental Justice on October 13, 2020
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s second State EJ Training Webinar session for 2020 will focus on “Incorporating Equity in Disaster Mitigation and Climate Adaptation Programs”. In light of current severe weather events both proliferating and intensifying, this webinar is extremely relevant and timely. It will feature presentations from:
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection – on social vulnerability assessment,
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs – on the state’s equity investments in its climate adaptation programs, and
- North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality – on the inspiring story of the relocation of the historic African American township of Princeville, NC
This session, scheduled on October 21 at 1:00 EST, is now open for registration.
REGISTER NOW and please share this information with your colleagues and networks: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/incorporating-equity-in-disaster-mitigation-and-climate-adaptation-programs-tickets-121005768511
More in "Miscellaneous"
- All 17 Phila. Satellite Election Offices Are Open
- Growing Relationships in a Pandemic: A Toolkit – Nov 2 or 9
- Webinar: Closing the Perceptions Gap Among Stakeholders on the Work Readiness of College Graduates – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.