Webinar: A Call to Action with Hope: Considering the Intersection of Faith and Community Engagement at Urban Institutions – Feb 17
As our cities continue to face the economic impacts of the pandemic, the imperative to advance racial justice and equity, heightened emotional and mental health trauma, and ongoing uncertainty about the future, religiously-affiliated institutions of higher education and local faith-based organizations must leverage their efforts in community engagement and remain focused on their fundamental mission to serve their communities. Join the editors of the most recent Metropolitan Universities journal issue to:
- consider the intersections of faith and community engagement at urban institutions
- explore their methodology for co-authoring the introductory article and curating the journal issue
- understand what they learned through the process along with their own motivations
- recognize the critical role that a faith-driven hope must play in engagement moving forward
Date and Time: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 2:00-3:00 PM
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: How Social Sector Organizations Can Design Human Connections in the Digital Age – Mar 24
- Webinar on Emerging Adults: A Different Approach: How Do We Get There? – Apr 8
- City of Philadelphia: Call for Neighborhood Activists – Mar 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.