Ways to Enhance Children’s Activity and Nutrition Training
SAVE THE DATE!
For a We Can! Regional Training
We Can! (Ways to Enhance Children’s Activity and Nutrition), developed by the National Institutes of Health, is a flexible, turn-key obesity prevention program with ready-made materials. More than 140 community sites around the country have signed on to join We Can!. They are using We Can!’s many resources, including the We Can! Energize Our Family: Curriculum for Parents and Caregivers, science-based curricula for youth, and We Can! community events in their local organizations.
Join the Movement Today.
Choose from two We Can! regional Training Events:
* South Bend/Gary, Indiana: April 30-May 1, 2007
* Roswell, Georgia: May 3-4, 2007
* Learn about a new childhood obesity prevention program from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
* Hear from successful We Can! sites and discover innovative ideas for turning on We Can! in your community.
* Receive training from national experts on science-based curricula promoting healthy lifestyles for parents and youth, including a new NIH program for parents and caregivers focused on healthy weight through energy balance; Media-Smart Youth, Eat, Think, and Be Active!; CATCH Kids Club; and S.M.A.R.T. (Student Media Awareness to Reduce Television).
* Network with others trying to prevent childhood obesity in park and recreation departments, schools, public health departments, youth-serving organizations, hospitals and health systems, worksites, and other organizations around the country.
To learn more about We Can! Communities, Partners, and Resources, visit: http://www.nhlbinih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/wecan/
Watch the We Can! Flash Animation.
No registration fee required.
Register today at http://www.wecantraining.org/
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.