VP, Resource Development, People’s Emergency Center
Posted by People’s Emergency Center on January 12, 2018
The Vice President, Resource Development will be an innovative, strategic, and collaborative leader responsible for the success of all fundraising programs for this vibrant nonprofit organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for an integrated and strategic organization-advancement program to expand awareness, enhance public engagement, and increase financial support for People’s Emergency Center (PEC). In this leadership position, the VP, Resource Development, manages a team of three employees, and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive action plan which will result in increased funding, a strong public profile, vibrant partnerships, and increased involvement by donors, sponsors, and stakeholders in the work of PEC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Organizational Advancement Leadership:
· Design, lead, and direct PEC’s multi-level development strategies to meet revenue generation goals, advance PEC’s strategic priorities, and ensure the effective stewardship, engagement, and service of all supporters of PEC.
· Lead the development team in pursuit of: major, principal, and planned gifts; impact investing; direct response appeals; event planning; prospect development; donor relations and stewardship; reporting; database operations; and grant management activities.
· Partner with the President on targeted efforts that maximize the organization’s development performance. Organize the engagement of President and the Senior Team in the targeted identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship efforts.
· Collaborate with the Board Development Committee to establish and execute short and long-term fundraising, engagement, and marketing/communications plans focused on increasing private sector support and investments from individuals, corporations, foundations, and select government sources.
· Create annual forecasts for development by program and constituency as part of the annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
· Ensure PEC leaders, colleagues, Board of Directors, and other key volunteers have the requisite training, skill development, and staff support from the Development Department to enhance their involvement with fundraising, engagement, and communications programs.
· Actively participate in Board meetings to represent the goals, strategies, and outcomes of the Development team. Serve as the primary staff liaison for the Board Development Committee and coordinate efforts supporting the enlistment and engagement of all Board members as donors and partners in resource development.
· Ensure full utilization of database in alignment with established prospect tracking and management. Ensure data integrity and privacy of donor information.
· Establish performance metrics and monitor results to evaluate effectiveness of the organization’s strategy & development plan.
· Attract, retain, lead, and mentor an effective Resource Development Team and ensure high levels of professionalism, results, acknowledgement, and accountability.
Resource Development & Donor Engagement
· Provide vision, leadership, and strategies for sustainable growth in PEC’s development programs and increase the base of individual major, principal, and planned gift donors, as well as impact investors to expand and diversify the base of private sector support.
· Lead the planning and execution of an expanded cultivation effort. This includes prospect and donor-related activities such as tours, briefings, hosted cultivation events, and other opportunities.
· Develop a strategy for using a signature event as a way of raising funds and building relationships, including through direct response and social/digital media engagement and solicitations.
· Design and execute, in collaboration with the President and Board Development Committee, individualized giving and engagement strategies for all members of the board of directors based on a thorough knowledge of their networks, circles of influence, and individual interests in the various stages of donor development.
· Serve as a key staff support for new board member identification, recruitment, and cultivation of individuals representing influence and affluence.
· Ensure that appropriate strategies, including follow-up actions are developed and implemented in support of the work of the President, select staff leaders, and Board of Directors activities with donors, prospects, and investors.
Communications and Marketing
· Work with development team and senior leaders to develop an integrated marketing, communications, and partnership plan that aligns resource opportunities with PEC programming and organizational priorities and build a compelling brand platform and communications strategy which engages key stakeholders/supporters and leads to measurable action.
· Develop a PR strategy designed to promote and/or impact the organization through actively cultivating and managing press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to PEC’s programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
· Work with the development team to create a comprehensive communications plan, using multiple modalities including website, social & digital media to advance a strong case for private sector support and investment. Integrate communications within all appropriate prospect, donor, and investor cultivation plans.
· Manage the development, distribution, timeliness, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to: annual report, newsletters, brochures, and PEC’s website. Ensure the maintenance of PEC’s brand recognition and integrity.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Advance degree preferred.
· Ten-plus years of progressively responsible experience working in the development profession or a related field, including direct experience with: major, principal, and planned gifts; marketing and communications strategy development; program implementation; relationship building; board governance; and budget oversight.
· Five-plus years of senior-level experience managing development teams and functions.
· Deep, broad knowledge of fundraising strategies and programs as well as, philanthropic and wealth trends.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while focused on program goals and measurable objectives.
· Knowledge of planning, finance, budgeting, and fundraising information systems. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or comparable database platforms preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the organization in one-on-one interactions and visits with key constituents (donors, prospects, investors) including high-net worth individuals.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· CFRE a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Mission driven and self-directed with ability to work collaboratively with senior management team and board of directors
· Strong interpersonal skills and persuasive communication and presentation skills. Must possess the ability to engage and influence a wide range of donor/prospects and build long-term relationships.
· Exceptional organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR Coordinator, JoAnn Crisomia at: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
PEC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
- Manager, Network Organizing, Engagement, & Knowledge – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.