Volunteers needed to help older adults learn technology
Posted by on April 28, 2006
I am currently looking for volunteers to instruct older adults in basic PC skills for the “Senior Technology Awareness Program”. Minimal computer experience needed and workshop are conducted with self-tutorial applications. Workshops are 2 1/2 hours in the morning(10 -12:30) or afternoon (1-3:30) Monday -Friday.
Older Adult Center (OAC) locations
1) Northeast OAC, 7522 Castor Ave., Philadelphia PA
2) Juniata Park OAC, 1251 E Sedgley Ave.
3) South Philadelphia OAC 10th and Dickinson Sts.
4) Mann OAC 3201 North 5th St.
5) Martin Luther King OAC 22nd St and Cecil B. Moore Ave.
In partnership with the Department of Recreation and NTR (Nonprofit Technology Resources) will implement technology training sessions at Older Adult Centers. The Technology workshops at the Older Adult Centers will facilitate developing specific on-line and computer skills by providing group and individual training for the following topic:
1.- E-Mail and Internet usage -learning basic PC usage, searching the Internet and Email, Email accounts are set-up for participants.
2.- Benefits – Each participant receives personalized report for eligible Federal and Local Programs; Process Medicare Prescription Card (on-line application support);
3.- Document Creation – Introductory Level Microsoft Word is taught and a self-tutorial workbook is given to participants to continue learning the application at their own speed.
Please call or email me if your interested in volunteering for this inspiring program.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Recruiting Mentors for 2021 Spring Session, the DREAM Program
- Volunteer Mentors Needed, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Volunteer Board Member, Family Services of Montgomery County
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.