volunteers needed, STEM After School Program
Year Round: STEM based afterschool programming with underserved/at-risk youth.
Program runs in three schools:
· Bethune Elementary (3301 Old York Rd, Philadlephia, PA 19140) –Mondays from 3:30-5:00pm
· George W. Child’s School (1599 Wharton St, Philadelphia, PA 19146)- Tuesdays from 3:30-5:00pm
· Beeber Middle School (5925 Malvern Ave Philadelphia, PA 19131)- Wednesday from 3:30-5:00pm
Interested volunteers can also take part in curriculum planning which happens on site at the Schuylkill Center on Fridays @ 1:00pm.
The STEM afterschool program runs for the duration of the school year and would be very beneficial for those applicants interested in learning hands on methods for providing STEM education, giving back to urban youth through mentorship, and gaining experience in planning emergent, place-based style environmental science curriculum. Priority will be giving to those folks that are able to commit to the full school year since mentoring is most effective when there is continuity involved.
Students are welcome to contact Camila Rivera-Tinsley, email@example.com
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Recruiting Mentors for 2021 Spring Session, the DREAM Program
- Volunteer Mentors Needed, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Volunteer Board Member, Family Services of Montgomery County
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.