Volunteers needed, Arts for Peace Camp
Posted by on August 25, 2008
BuildaBridge Arts for Peace
September 5-20, 2008
Here is a chance to use your art skills and gain valuable experience with kids in Philadelphia. We need volunteer classroom assistants for an Arts for Peace camp for 50 young people in September!
Arts for Peace integrates methods of drama, music, dance, and the visual arts with principles for resolving conflict and promoting peace, both within and without. The camp is run in partnership with the Blueprint for a Safer Philadelphia of the Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Council.
Classroom assistants will provide support in various areas doing a variety of activities that support the needs of the students, teachers, and the camp. Classroom assistants have the following duties:
* Assist the Lead Teaching Artist to set up for class
* Help to run a safe and welcoming class
* Build appropriate relationships with students
* Perform classroom management duties
* Assist with snack preparation and cleanup
The Arts for Peace camp takes place over the course of three consecutive weekends, on Fridays and Saturdays in September:
Friday, Sept. 5th, 6:00-9:00 pm
Saturday, Sept. 6th, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Friday, Sept. 12th, 6:00-9:00 pm
Saturday, Sept. 13th, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Friday, Sept. 19th, 6:00-9:00 pm
Saturday, Sept. 20th, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable job experience, make a difference in the life of a young person, and have fun!
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers Needed: Give Kids a Smile 2021
- Volunteer Opportunities at Long-Term Care Communities
- Volunteer Judges needed for Virtual George Washington Carver Science Fair
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.