Volunteers needed, 100th Anniversary of the National Governors Association
Posted by on July 7, 2008
100th Anniversary of the National Governors Association
July 10th – July 13th
Our nation’s governors will gather in Philadelphia on July 11-14, 2008 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the National Governors Association (NGA). Governor Edward G. Rendell is honored and proud to be hosting the celebration in the City of Philadelphia.
You can play a role! Volunteer for one of several events or projects:
* Doubletree Hotel, Center City: Gift bag assembly – Thursday, July 10th (9:30am – 12:30pm or 12:30pm – 5:00pm)
* Pennsylvania Art Museum: Taste of Philly – Friday, July 11th
* Centennial Day Celebration: All day activities – Saturday, July 12th
* National Constitution Center: Centennial Celebration Dinner – Saturday, July 12th
* Pennsylvania Convention Center: Sounds of Philly – Sunday, July 13th
* Registration: Friday, July 11 – Saturday, July 13th
Space is limited; call Terry at 215-564-4544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot or for more information.
Please note: All volunteers will be required to complete a Pennsylvania State Police Background Application. A volunteer orientation will be held on Wednesday, July 9th.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteer Opportunities at Long-Term Care Communities
- Volunteer Judges needed for Virtual George Washington Carver Science Fair
- Student PIRGs Remote Internships
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.