Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia
volunteer with middle and high schoolers
Hiring Spring 2018 Volunteers to work with Middle and High Schoolers!
Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia is hiring volunteers for spring 2018!!
Breakthrough’s signature dual mission expands educational opportunity at both ends of the spectrum: We set underserved middle-school students on the path to and through college – and we inspire outstanding individuals to pursue careers in education.
When?: Saturdays, 9:00am-3:00pm (students on site 10:00am-2:00pm)
Where?: Drexel University and Germantown Friends School
Volunteers must commit bi-weekly to either Drexel or Germantown, or weekly to both sites.
• Work with a classroom of approximately 15 7th-12th grade students, either on your own or with a co-teacher
• Teach financial literacy, college readiness workshops, or social justice and literature
• Receive curriculum, teaching training at the start of the semester, and instructional support throughout the semester
• Serve as a role-model for students and develop mentor-mentee relationships
• Be a part of the unique “students teaching students model”
• Foster a college-bound culture and support students in making choices about their future
• Create an academic community that is enriching, socially and culturally conscious, and fun!
How to apply?
Complete ONLINE application at http://breakthroughphilly.org/teacher-application
If selected, you will interview with a Site Coordinator or the Program Manager.
Full Volunteer Description: https://slack-files.com/T5K01CB1P-F8RF2R6US-a25f0debcd
Questions? Contact Sonya Chen (Program Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.