Volunteer Partnerships Coordinator, SERVE Philadelphia
Serve Philadelphia is committed to reducing barriers, increasing knowledge and expanding capacity to promote active participation among Philadelphians so that everyone is empowered to create lasting positive change.
The Serve Philadelphia Volunteer Engagement Program is an initiative of the Mayor’s Office of Civic Engagement & Volunteer Service. The Volunteer Partnerships Coordinator will support a team in community outreach, building partnerships and supporting the creation of sustainable volunteer infrastructures in an effort to expand service opportunities throughout the City. The Volunteer Partnerships Coordinator position reports directly to the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
In this position, the Volunteer Partnerships Coordinator will:
- Work with organizations to identify volunteer needs and opportunities to further their mission through volunteer engagement.
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of volunteer opportunities for the MVC
- Promote and advocate for an organizational culture that values volunteers, supports their development and retention, and leadership in the agency.
- Coordinate and develop citywide Service Enterprise Initiative (SEI) including participant outreach, training and coaching
- Provide ongoing technical assistance and training to programs and organizations participating in the Service Enterprise Program
- Work with a coalition of partners invested recruiting, managing, supporting, and retaining volunteers
- Increase the ability of nonprofits to serve low-income communities by building capacity through volunteer programs
- Provide support and consultation for City departments recruiting and managing volunteers
- Engage organizations who utilize volunteers to support the Mayor’s and City priorities and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 1-3 years of experience managing a team of staff members
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with community organizing or nonprofit volunteer management is preferred
- Experience with civic engagement or nonprofit volunteer management is preferred
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to foster existing relationships and build new transformational relationships with partners at multiple levels
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for effective communication, remotely and in person, with direct reports, stakeholders and others.
- Clear understanding of best practices in community engagement and volunteer recruitment/retention.
- Identifying opportunities to strengthen existing programs, create and/or enhance implementation strategies, and work with a diverse team to implement action plans.
- Clear understanding of and experience in utilizing volunteerism and engagement strategies.
- Data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for effective communication, remotely and in person, with supervisors, teammates, stakeholders and others.
- Strong ability to implement innovative solutions and analysis to assist in making decisions
- Action oriented; an individual not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and get into the details of the operation.
- Excellent time management skills with capacity to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects and deliver on deadline.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.