Hope Partnership for Education
Volunteer Instructor, Adult Education Program, Hope Partnership for Education
Hope Partnership for Education was founded by the Sisters of Mercy and the Society of the Holy Child in 2002. Our mission is to help break the cycle of poverty through education. We serve families in Eastern North Philadelphia by operating a private, independent Middle School for grades 5-8, a Graduate Support Program to prepare our students for acceptance by high schools that best match their potential, and an Adult Education Program that provides small group classes in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and computer basics to prepare students to pass their GED or HiSET tests to attain their Commonwealth Secondary School Diplomas. We also provide family education programs and community workshops of interest to our parents and neighbors.
Job Description –Volunteer Instructor Staff, Adult Education Program
The Volunteer Instructors hold Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Education and have decades of experience in the classroom among them. They teach from one to three days each week, usually between 10:00 am and 2:30 pm. Responsibilities include:
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans that facilitate active learning.
• Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction when possible.
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual learners and adjust teaching strategies as needed.
• Assist with learner assessment.
• Participate in periodic planning and evaluation meetings.
• Four 8-week sessions and one 6-week summer session each year
• Maximum enrollment per session: 35
• Group Size: Up to 5 learners in each small group
• Instructional Groups: Up to 6 levels ranging from Foundations to Adult Basic Education to Adult Secondary Education
• No classes are held from mid-July through August
Pam Carunchio at (267) 761-8542 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.