Volunteer as a Financial Coach with Clarifi Boot Camp, Training Apr. 13 & 16
Posted by Clarifi on April 9, 2019
Do you have a spirit for helping people? When you volunteer as a coach with Clarifi, you will make a real impact in your community and motivate individuals to achieve financial stability.
Our clients come from all walks of life and are looking to do big things: improve their credit, reduce crippling debt, save for an emergency, purchase their first home or start a business. They’re looking to meet the goals that shape their lives and they need your support.
We are excited to announce our upcoming “Spring Clean Your Finances: Boot Camp – 2019. Started in 2014, Clarifi Boot Camp is our dynamic program that combines, coaching, counseling and education to help people meet their unique goals with money. After attending workshops and working with Clarifi’s certified counselors, clients work with volunteer financial coaches over a six-month period. Coaches engage and motivate clients and act as a sounding board for support. Best yet, no financial experience is necessary!
Volunteer financial coaches will receive comprehensive training beforehand to learn about the tools and skills needed to guide a client in developing and following an action plan to reach their goals and achieve financial stability. Volunteers should have a desire to learn coaching concepts and an ability to remain positive and culturally sensitive.
Your Responsibilities as a Financial Coach
- Commit to 6 months in the program, volunteering a minimum of 1 hour each month.
- Work with client relating to their personal financial goals involving debt, credit and savings.
- Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, and at all times be supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
- Evaluate and report outcomes of the process, using prescribed reporting procedures to ensure the relationship is successful and to help identify best practices.
- Attend (3) mandatory events:
- Volunteer Training – Clarifi staff trains volunteers to perform as coaches. Training will take place in Philadelphia, PA. (Next training is April 13 & 16th 2019*)
- Program Launch – At this event, coaches are introduced to their partner clients and spend time completing activities and getting to know one another.
- Client Graduation Ceremony – Clients who successfully complete the six month program are honored to celebrate their journey with family, friends, and their coaches.
See our work in action and watch our Boot Camp video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaCzff6Kug
How to Apply
Interested Volunteers should apply at: https://clarifi.org/programs/clarifi-boot-camp
Questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-320-1484 (leave vm).
*Training dates/times/location will be sent after you complete the online application process
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Partnerships + Community Volunteers: Callowhill Community Fridge
- Near Peer Coaches for 1st & 2nd Year Temple students
- Shelter Health Outreach Program: Collaborators and Donations Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.