Volunteer and Marketing Manager, Philadelphia Futures
Posted by Philadelphia Futures on September 22, 2014
Philadelphia Futures provides low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. Philadelphia Futures is seeking to fill the following staff position to accommodate the organization’s growth in its programming and services.
Philadelphia Futures is seeking a professional to join our team as our Volunteer and Marketing Manager. Individuals considered for this position will have experience in a variety of areas, including event planning, volunteer engagement and marketing. Our Volunteer and Marketing Manager will be responsible for, among other tasks, overseeing our spring fundraising event, “Get in the Game”, hosted in partnership with the Philadelphia Phillies.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Planning and implementing a series of inspiring, high performance fundraising, donor appreciation and organization events throughout the year.
- Designing and implementing an innovative recruiting program for mentors and other volunteers needed to support our work.
- Supporting social media efforts and other forms of marketing outreach with a volunteer-centered view.
- Collaborating with the Executive Director on promoting the good work of the organization.
- Serving as an ambassador and spokesperson on behalf of Philadelphia Futures
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience and skills:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of four years of event planning experience, work with volunteers and/or cause-related marketing.
- The ability to think and act strategically.
- A demonstrated ability to recruit and build inspired relationships.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and donor-tracking databases. Proficiency in all forms of social media including Twitter and FaceBook also is required.
- Creativity in working with various forms of communication with constituents, such as Constant Contact, also is essential.
- The ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and flexibility a must.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. The position offers a competitive salary based on experience and a full array of benefits.
- Empowerment Coach, Cathedral Kitchen
- Employment Training Program Coordinator and Case Manager, Cathedral Kitchen
- Remote Community Engagement Positions, CCPH – Jan 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.