VISTA positions, Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger
Posted by on June 2, 2009
The Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger is currently seeking energetic and idealistic individuals to fill 4 full-time VISTA positions from late July 2009 to late July 2010.
The Coalition fights hunger in Southeastern Pennsylvania through education, outreach, and advocacy. We aim to empower emergency food providers, to inform and mobilize concerned citizens, and to help shape public policy.
Read more about the Coalition and its programs at http://www.hungercoalition.org.
Brief position descriptions:
• Food Stamp Research Assistant: Create new Food Stamp Enrollment Campaign client management system and quality assurance model to help Coalition evaluate effectiveness of Campaign’s work.
• Volunteer Management Team Leader: Redevelop current Food Stamp Enrollment Campaign structure in terms of a student leadership model. Also, will investigate new areas and methods of outreach to reach clients with food stamp message.
• Community Food Programs Assistant: Develop a sustainable food resource referral system. In addition, this position will provide technical assistance to food cupboards and soup kitchens to allow them to increase their capacities to help their clients most effectively.
• Events/Communications Assistant: Create new strategies to increase visibility and awareness of local hunger to garner more support for anti-hunger efforts throughout the Southeastern Pennsylvania region.
Salary and Benefits: VISTAs will receive a modest living allowance ($949/month) and health care benefits. Upon completing a year of service, VISTAs can choose to receive either an education award worth $4,725 to pay for college/further education or $1,200 in cash.
Qualifications for these positions include: Bachelor’s Degree or extensive work experience; Responsible and hard working team member; Interest in working with a diverse community; and computer proficiency.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Tanya Sen, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Out-of-School-Time Continuous Quality Improvement Liaison
- Out-of-School-Time Program Liaison
- Senior Manager of Organizational Learning & Evaluation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.