Pennsylvania Campus Compact
VISTA positions at PA colleges & universities
In conjunction with the PA State Office of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), Pennsylvania Campus Compact (PACC) is pleased to announce the following 2016-2017 PACC*VISTA opportunities. With the main goal of eradicating poverty and building long-term capacity for communities, PACC*VISTA members serve across Pennsylvania at institutions of higher education and respective community partners. Thirty positions and one VISTA Leader position are available in the 2016-2017 program year in four main focus areas: Education: K-12 Readiness & Success and Post-Secondary Readiness & Success; Healthy Futures: Nutritious Food Access & Education and Access to Health Care; Economic Opportunity, and Veterans and Military Families.
For additional information about PACC or the overarching PACC*VISTA program, please visit our website at http://www.paccompact.org or contact Sarah Garnitz at email@example.com. For more information about specific service opportunities, please click here to read the 2016-2017 project abstracts listed in ABC order by focus area.
Interested in Applying? 2016-2017 PACC*VISTA term of service: July 25, 2016 – July 24, 2017 which includes a mandatory Pre-Service Orientation led by PACC and CNCS beginning on July 18, 2016.
To apply for a PACC*VISTA position, click here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do and search for “PACC” under “Program Name”
2016-17 PACC*VISTA benefits include:
- Annual living allowance of $11,676 or $12,312
- End of Service Award – Education Award of $5,775 or Cash Stipend of $1,500 – with successful completion of service term
- Healthcare Allowance to AmeriCorps*VISTA members who maintain health insurance.
- Member must be covered by health insurance that meets Affordable Care Act requirements or will be subject to a fee.
- Relocation support and child care benefits, if eligible
- Professional development and support from PA Campus Compact (3 overnight retreats, regular conference calls and emails, site visits, and regional meetings)
- Additional resources may be provided by specific institution or project such as housing, meal plan, transportation pass, and tuition remission on a class within the institution
Please share this widely with your networks and connections Thank you for your continued partnership.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.