VISTA positions at PA colleges & universities
Posted by Pennsylvania Campus Compact on April 25, 2016
In conjunction with the PA State Office of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), Pennsylvania Campus Compact (PACC) is pleased to announce the following 2016-2017 PACC*VISTA opportunities. With the main goal of eradicating poverty and building long-term capacity for communities, PACC*VISTA members serve across Pennsylvania at institutions of higher education and respective community partners. Thirty positions and one VISTA Leader position are available in the 2016-2017 program year in four main focus areas: Education: K-12 Readiness & Success and Post-Secondary Readiness & Success; Healthy Futures: Nutritious Food Access & Education and Access to Health Care; Economic Opportunity, and Veterans and Military Families.
For additional information about PACC or the overarching PACC*VISTA program, please visit our website at http://www.paccompact.org or contact Sarah Garnitz at email@example.com. For more information about specific service opportunities, please click here to read the 2016-2017 project abstracts listed in ABC order by focus area.
Interested in Applying? 2016-2017 PACC*VISTA term of service: July 25, 2016 – July 24, 2017 which includes a mandatory Pre-Service Orientation led by PACC and CNCS beginning on July 18, 2016.
To apply for a PACC*VISTA position, click here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do and search for “PACC” under “Program Name”
2016-17 PACC*VISTA benefits include:
- Annual living allowance of $11,676 or $12,312
- End of Service Award – Education Award of $5,775 or Cash Stipend of $1,500 – with successful completion of service term
- Healthcare Allowance to AmeriCorps*VISTA members who maintain health insurance.
- Member must be covered by health insurance that meets Affordable Care Act requirements or will be subject to a fee.
- Relocation support and child care benefits, if eligible
- Professional development and support from PA Campus Compact (3 overnight retreats, regular conference calls and emails, site visits, and regional meetings)
- Additional resources may be provided by specific institution or project such as housing, meal plan, transportation pass, and tuition remission on a class within the institution
Please share this widely with your networks and connections Thank you for your continued partnership.
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Better Tomorrows: Director of Fund Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.