VISTA Community Partnership Coordinator, Cassidy Elementary School
Posted by PHENND on September 26, 2016
Join a cohort that works to strengthen communication, collaboration and community in local Philadelphia schools. PHENND seeks one more full-time AmeriCorps VISTA to join 20 other VISTAs that have already begun service.
If selected, you will serve as a Community Partnership Coordinator at Cassidy Elemenary School in the Overbrook neighborhood of Phiiladelphia.
About this project:
This is the fourth year of an AmeriCorps VISTA project in which VISTAs are placed in selected Philadelphia public schools and the School District of Philadelphia to help manage, develop, and track external community partners.
About the school-based positions:
The AmeriCorps VISTAs sought for this coming year will coordinate and facilitate partnerships between their school and existing and/or potential outside community partners with the goal of integrating their services into the school’s schedule and meeting major school needs, thereby ensuring that these partnerships are mutually beneficial, sustainable and serving students effectively. The VISTAs will work directly with administrators and teachers to ensure strong communication between and among external partners and key school leadership.
The VISTA will build their school’s community partnership capacity in four major areas through specific initiatives:
The Community Partnerships Coordinator will build their school’s capacity in four major areas through specific initiatives:
1) Documentation/Needs Assessment – collect information on current partners; assess needs of the school from various school constituencies;
2) Communication/Relationship Building – assist in communication strategy for the school (monthly calendar, newsletter and/or social media, etc.), provide support for communication between school and partners as well as inter-partner relations, facilitate a once-monthly stakeholder meeting to discuss events, strategies, and collaborative efforts;
3) Strategic Planning – work to create systems within the school to further the strength of relationships in and outside of the school, support leadership in working to incorporate partners to address school needs;
4) Evaluation – track number and type of community partnerships, engage partners in evaluation of the school-community partnership landscape.
Apply for a school-based position here:
AmeriCorps VISTAs commit to a full-time year of service for a minimal living stipend of approximately $12,312 per year. VISTA members are provided health coverage and loan forbearance for any current federal student loans. Upon completion of the full year, they also receive an AmeriCorps Education Award of approximately $5770 that can be used to pay for future educational expenses and/or pay off federal student loans. SEPTA Transpass provided.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Next Steps AmeriCorps Program Manager, PHENND
- Service Stories: Episode 2
- Webinar: Global Teaching and Learning in the Time of COVID-19: Open Access, Virtual Collaborations and New Global Learning Pathways – Aug 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.