Community College of Philadelphia
Visiting Lecturer Diversity Fellowship Program, Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is offering Visiting Lecturer Diversity Fellowship Opportunities for Biology, Nursing, Early Childhood Education, Accounting, and Marketing degree holders. We offer viable career planning in higher education, intentional mentoring, and a teaching component.
The Visiting Lecturer Diversity Fellowship is a paid academic-year full-time fellowship which offers a unique opportunity for individuals from historically underrepresented groups to gain valuable teaching experience, benefit from intentional mentorship, and raise their college profile. The program’s primary objective is to increase diversity within academic departments at the College, consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of Community College of Philadelphia by helping to close the opportunity gap for faculty from underrepresented groups. The DFP for 2020-2021 will begin in Fall 2020 in five areas, Biology, Nursing, Accounting, Marketing and Early Childhood Education.
Our mission is to prepare and support the next generation of visionary educators from underrepresented backgrounds to begin a long-time career and leadership trajectory in higher education.
We provide experienced adjuncts, new-to-the profession, and recent graduate students with long-term support to secure a position as a college professor, and eventually move into faculty leadership roles.
The deadline for all applications is Monday, May 11, 2020.
What We Provide
- A yearlong Visiting Lecturer teaching position that includes a salary and full benefits.
- Upon successful completion of the fellowship, a guaranteed interview for a future full-time position within your discipline.
- Assistance in securing a full-time teaching position such as independent and group coaching sessions, practice and preparation meetings.
- Opportunity to create and develop a project that addresses a diversity, inclusion, or equity concern.
- Intentional mentoring, support, feedback.
- Training on all course management systems.
- Networking opportunities, support, and access to dedicated professionals at CCP .
- Committed to working for at least a year at CCP .
- Enthusiastic about working with our student population.
- Committed to attending all professional development workshops.
- Willing to participate and attend department meetings and serve on committees.
- Dedicated to developing a diversity, inclusion, or equity project under the supervision of the Coordinator of the
- Diversity Fellowship and in coordination with the department and the appropriate college division.
- Willing to learn, grow, and develop in a transformative career.
More specific requirements for each participating department.
Learn more and apply here: https://jobs.ccp.edu/postings/4243
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.