Virtual Event: COVID-19 – The Evolving Employment Landscape – Apr 7
As COVID-19 presents new challenges to Greater Philadelphia’s businesses and their employees, it’s vitally important to understand the laws around paid leave, furlough, unemployment, and privacy.
Join top employment attorneys from Stradley Ronon at this virtual program as they address a variety of employment issues related to the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on the economy, followed by the opportunity to get your questions answered about the emerging challenges of employment.
Topics will include:
- Emergency sick leave and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Understanding governmental “stay at home” and “shelter in place” orders
- Layoffs and furloughs
- Enhanced unemployment compensation
- Loans and grants available to small businesses
- Maintaining a safe workplace for essential workers
Date and Time: April 7, 2020, 11 AM – 12 PM
Learn more and register: https://apps.chamberphl.com/event/6150/virtual-covid-19-the-evolving-employment-landscape
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- The Pennsylvania Educator Diversity Consortium Virtual Summit – June 22 & 23
- Webinar: The Digital Divide and COVID-19 Vaccine Access – Apr 27
- Training Session: Phila. School District New School Profiles Website – Apr 21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.