Nationalities Service Center
Victims of Trafficking Program Coordinator, Nationalities Service Center
NSC is a non-profit organization that provides social, educational, and legal services to immigrants and refugees in the greater Philadelphia area. Our strength lies in the diversity of our clients and services. Since NSC’s founding in 1921, our mission has been to help immigrants and refugees participate fully in American society. Each year, we help approximately 5,000 individuals from over 90 countries.
The Victims of Trafficking Program Coordinator will manage all aspects of implementation of the Rescue and Restore Regional Program. S/he will be responsible for creation of program procedures, outreach and training strategies, scheduling and implementing all outreach, training and awareness raising as well as reporting and managing overall program performance.
1. Develop and implement ongoing training to partners including but not limited to: law enforcement, medical providers, mental health providers, non-profit organizations, faith based organizations and others.
2. Schedule training sessions with partners including publicizing public training sessions and communicating with PATC partners about upcoming or joint training sessions.
3. Conduct training including pre and post testing with a focus on addressing the individual needs and questions or attendees.
4. Support trainees, organizations and other relevant groups through technical assistance activities including one-on-one meetings, phone consultations and other mechanisms.
5. Facilitate public awareness activities including materials development and distribution.
6. Conduct targeted media outreach in partnership with PATC partners.
7. Work in partnership with program evaluators to conduct program evaluation activities.
8. Organize weekly program management meetings.
9. Prepare internal and funder requested reports.
10. Implement all program activities in accordance with funders guidelines.
• Experience working with vulnerable populations and ability to work with diverse communities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual skills preferred.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Results oriented and able to prioritize and respond to multiple tasks.
• Ability to work alone and work as part of a team.
• Ability and interest in working with diverse multi-cultural staff.
• Experience in managing federal grants preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters Degree preferred.
1. Attend relevant workshops or join professional groups as necessary to maintain professional knowledge and licensure.
2. Adheres to NSC’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
3. Facilitates and attends relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
4. Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by Supervisor.
5. Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Basic understanding of NSC’s mission, vision, values, programs and services and business plan.
• Knowledge of legal and political issues, and community resources and benefits that impact and/or benefit the targeted client needs.
• Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
• Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and customized databases.
• Adheres to all NSC and departmental policies and procedures.
• Attends all NSC in-services as required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
• Knowledge of basic client management procedures for determining eligibility, assessing needs, identifying resources, making referrals, following up, and documenting client interactions and proactively supporting client’s pursuit of goals.
• Ability to effectively interview and engage a client in appropriate programming.
• Ability to effectively conduct one on one advocacy and/or educational presentations.
• Ability to work in a team structure – demonstrating ability to collaborate and contribute to the team’s work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally climb stairs; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
2. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
3. Operate related office equipment and use necessary tools.
4. Specific vision abilities required by the job include frequent reading and close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
2. Although work is primarily indoors, you will be required to travel outside to client and community locations.
3. Travel in and around NSC’s service delivery area to support delivery of resettlement services to clients.
4. Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences seminars, and meetings.
5. Certain visits or work related appointments might be scheduled outside of traditional work hours as necessary.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The position is full-time and exempt, and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please email detailed letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com
Applications deadline is September 15, 2014. NSC does not discriminate in employment because of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, and sexual orientation or for any reason not relevant to the qualifications of the position.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.