Legacy Youth Tennis & Education
Vice President of Development, Legacy Youth Tennis & Education
Legacy Youth Tennis and Education (formerly Arthur Ashe Youth Tennis and Education), a sports-based youth development organization in Philadelphia, is in search of a highly capable individual to spearhead its fund development and marketing efforts. Building on our recent growth and success, Legacy is looking for a seasoned professional with the ambition, skill and experience to take our fundraising efforts to the next level.The ideal candidate must bring a high level of competency, motivation to work in a dynamic environment, and the ability to learn quickly. More importantly, the candidate must share a passion for young people and have the skills to persuasively communicate our purpose, our people and our programs to various audiences.
In addition to having direct involvement with a wide array of individual and institutional supporters, the Vice President of Development has substantial contact with the Board of Directors and Advisory Board. This position reports directly to the President, is an active member of the staff’s senior leadership team and supervises a small development staff.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive $2.5-$3 million annual fund development plan through individual and institutional giving.
- Supervise and support the Development and Communications Manager in the solicitation of grants from family and private foundations, corporations and government entities.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with major individual and institutional donors.
- Identify, research and pursue new funding opportunities.
- Engage the staff, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, and volunteers in fundraising efforts.
- Oversee planning and execution of Legacy events including Annual Benefit, Summer Smash, Brunch is Served and smaller donor engagement events.
- Ensure maximum fund development potential of Annual Benefit in collaboration with the part-time Benefit Coordinator, President, and Benefit Co-Chairs/Benefit Committee.
- Supervise and support the Development and Special Events Manager to ensure maximum fund development potential of all signature events.
Marketing, Public Relations and Communications
- Supervise and support the Development and Communications Manager to:
- Expand and enhance Legacy’s profile through print and electronic media.
- Ensure communications have high impact on target audiences.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan.
- Identify new marketing and media opportunities.
- Manage public and media relations.
- Ensure all external, online and electronic materials comply with and enhance organizational brand.
- Maintain up-to-date calendar and work plans for all fund development efforts, including grant proposals and reports, mailings, marketing activity, events, etc.
- Supervise and support Administrative Assistant to ensure eTapestry donor database is updated and utilized effectively.
- Prepare regular revenue projection reports and develop annual fund development and marketing budgets.
- Participate as an active member of the senior leadership team.
- Present at and participate in various board/committee meetings and serve as liaison to the Development/Marketing Committee.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of development experience in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven organization
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in communications, marketing or public relations preferred
- Knowledge of major individual and institutional donors in the Philadelphia region
- High level of initiative, energy and entrepreneurial instincts
- Commitment to urban youth and education issues, and more just and healthy communities; athletic experience a plus
- Exemplary communication and writing skills with experience in tailoring message to various audiences
- Proven ability to solve problems, work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience with donor database management; knowledge of eTapestry a plus
- Willingness to take on any task
- Impeccable integrity
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.