Women Against Abuse
Vice President of Advancement, Women Against Abuse
For the Advancement leader with a desire to make an impact across a growing organization, this is a dream opportunity. In this VP of Advancement role you will manage the daily logistics and operations of the organizational fundraising and communications as well as develop fundraising strategies. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact within a dynamic, high performing non-profit organization.
As Vice President of Advancement you will provide and ensure mission-focused vision and leadership to achieve and maintain excellence in organizational fundraising and communications, with a focus on face to face major donor solicitation. The VP will lead the effort to increase and diversify Women Against Abuse’s revenue to ensure the organization’s sustainability while lessening its dependence on government funds, and will serve as a major gifts officer. They will directly supervise 3 members of the Advancement department (total departmental staff of 5), be a member of the Executive and Senior Management Teams and work closely with the Development & Events Committees of the Board, as well as the Honorary Council, and develop and ensure fundraising strategies to drive and achieve the organization’s mission and Strategic Plan. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expanding our major donor program, giving circle, and planned giving program; Facilitating donor cultivation meetings and building a robust framework for major gifts; Preparing the Executive Director and Board leadership for donor visits with detailed prospect reports and strategy; Expanding foundation support to include national private funders; Ensuring continued success & growth of the Agency’s hallmark fundraising event, Dish It Up; Leading the marketing and communication effort to elevate the profile of the organization; and serving as the media liaison and overseeing crisis communications. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model.
As a VP of Advancement you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in Communications, Nonprofit or Public Administration or a related field is required. May consider a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field with additional Fundraising experience.
A record of progressive experience, including a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in fundraising and five (5) years’ experience in public relations is required.
- Previous experience as a senior manager in fundraising required, preferably with a Human Services or related non-profit organization.
- A minimum of five (5) years of management/supervisory experience is required.
- Successful track record of securing major individual donors, corporate sponsorships, and planned gifts is required.
- Experience with federal or government grants, preferred.
- Familiarity with application of prospect research tools and moves management.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong administrative, analysis and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the organization is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
- Affinity for or experience in working on domestic violence issues is strongly preferred.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, flexibility needed
Salary: commensurate with experience as well as a generous, comprehensive benefit package.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.