Vice President for Marketing & Communications, Community College of Philadelphia
Posted by Community College of Philadelphia on April 30, 2018
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President for Marketing & Communications develops and leads implementation of the College’s institution-wide marketing and communications. As part of that role, the Vice President for Marketing and Communications will provide leadership and oversight for government relations strategies.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at http://jobs.ccp.edu.
• Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required.
• Senior management experience is required.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, technical and presentation skills and the ability to effectively partner with senior management, faculty, board members and staff.
• Extensive writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
• Extensive knowledge and use of social media in a dynamic and integrated marketing environment.
• Ambitious innovator with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
• Demonstrated leadership in creating, implementing, and evaluating a multi-year, institution-wide marketing and communications plan.
• A collaborative and collegial orientation is key as is institutional savvy.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
• Knowledge of trends and best practices in marketing and public relations as well as communications technology; successful experience with new digital media as communications tools and an understanding of their role in reaching objectives.
• Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain credibility and respect of Community College of Philadelphia leaders.
• Self-reliant, results oriented.
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Ability to work nights and weekends when needed.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
- Manager, Network Organizing, Engagement, & Knowledge – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.