Vice President for Enrollment Management, Cabrini University
The Vice President for Enrollment Management provides leadership, motivation, coordination, and support for the planning and implementation of the University’s enrollment strategies and is responsible for meeting established goals in undergraduate and graduate admissions, financial aid, and retention. The Vice President serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and Provost Council of Deans, and works closely in key cross-functional relationships across campus, collaborating with faculty, staff, and administrators in all areas of the University to evaluate and promote student persistence and retention. S/he supervises the following areas: Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions, Enrollment Operations, Financial Aid, and Retention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves on President’s Cabinet, working with the President and senior leadership team to advance the University’s strategic agenda.
• Works collaboratively with senior leaders to formulate annual enrollment goals for the University, consonant with the goals of the University’s strategic agenda, and is responsible for achieving these goals.
• Provides strategic direction and leadership for recruitment and retention efforts, and educates key leaders and the campus about enrollment trends and environmental changes.
• Is responsible for the development and implementation of a multi-year recruitment and retention plan.
• Effectively manages and analyzes data to set enrollment and retention objectives.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders and senior leaders, faculty, and staff in the coordination of the University’s recruitment activities and promotion of the University’s academic programs, enrollment selectivity, and student learning and persistence.
• Creates and implements an integrated financial aid and recruitment program though coordination and supervision of the Financial Aid and the Admissions Offices.
• Identifies and plans specific targeted programs and activities related to recruitment and retention.
• Supervises the work of the Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions, Operations, and Retention, ensuring that all plans are executed successfully
• Oversees the work of the Director of Financial Aid and assists, as needed, with the awarding of new and continuing student aid, the development and maintenance of the entire Financial Aid budget, and the implementation and monitoring of award policies and procedures.
• Serves as the primary contact for the marketing and recruitment efforts in support of off-site programs.
• Prepares annual budget requests and manages the budgets in the areas supervised.
• Collaborates with the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications and their staff on a comprehensive marketing and recruitment program for enrollment that aligns with the integrated marketing plan for the University.
• Designs and implements an assessment program for services provided by the three enrollment offices.
• Provides staff support or serves, as assigned or needed, to committees of the University and/or the Board of Trustees.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations as they relate to admissions and financial aid.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent understanding of theories of enrollment and retention in higher education, including predictive modeling, research and statistical methodologies, market research and demographics analysis.
• Demonstrated success in application of enrollment and retention theories.
• Demonstrated organizational and strategic planning skills.
• Demonstrated fiscal management skills and knowledge of revenue-based enrollment management.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and delegate effectively as well as to build and motivate a team.
• Demonstrated ability to encourage and plan for the professional development of all staff members.
• Understanding of current market trends in higher education and the skills to translate that knowledge into successful recruitment and retention programs and objectives.
• Understanding of the components of financial aid, specifically tuition pricing and discounting.
• Understanding of technology applications for achieving enrollment management tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Demonstrated record of working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students throughout the University.
• Polished oral and written communication skills.
• Well developed interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility and stamina to work in highly competitive situations.
Cabrini University is a Catholic institution dedicated to academic excellence, leadership development and a commitment to social justice. The University welcomes learners of all faiths, cultures, and backgrounds and prepares them to become engaged citizens of the world. Recognizing that diversity of all kinds is a vital aspect of the higher education learning process, Cabrini University is committed to building a more diverse faculty and staff community that reflects our student body and enhances the value of our students’ education.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree required in a field relevant to admissions/ recruitment/ marketing/retention in higher education.
• Seven years of admissions/financial aid/retention experience in higher education showing success and career progression.
• Experience in a college/university setting with a commitment to both the liberal arts and professional studies preferable.
• Working knowledge of administrative software systems.
• Experience in the design and implementation of predictive modeling and scholarship programs.
• Sensitivity and personal commitment to diversity with a vision of what that means to a Catholic institution of higher education.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.