various opportunities, Hopeworks ‘N Camden
Posted by Hopeworks 'n Camden on July 25, 2016
Are you looking for ways to make a difference in the community of Camden?
Consider volunteering your time at Hopeworks!
Our current opportunities:
- Esperanza Garden Volunteers
Do you want to play a role in the Hopeworks community by working with our youth’s community garden? We offer free plots to grow flowers and fresh veggies!
- Funding Development Volunteers
Do you want to play a significant role in the Hopeworks community by developing contacts so that Hopeworks may continue to offer services to youths? If so, you can become a Funding Development Volunteer. Such a volunteer:
- Develops contacts for Hopeworks who will supply business or introduce corporate sponsors to the program.
- Attends bi-monthly Development Committee Meetings and is present at the annual Hopeworks Dinner Celebration.
- Click here for details.
- Literacy Volunteers
Do you want to have a substantial impact on the lives of Hopeworks youth? Do you enjoy working one-on-one with youth to help them improve their literacy and math skills? If so, become a Hopeworks math and literacy volunteer today.
- Work one on one or in a small group setting with trainees on reading, writing, and mathematic skills.U
- Be available for a minimum of one hour once a week.
- Click here to read more about Hopeworks Literacy Program.
- E-Mentoring Volunteers
Do you want to give back to the community? Or reach out to youth to help them understand more about themselves? Or motivate and encourage youth to pursue their education? Then become an E-Mentor.
- An opportunity to connect with the trainees at Hopeworks. A volunteer must develop and maintain a relationship with a trainee by e-mailing the trainee twice a week.
- A mentoring relationship generally requires only the time to compose a thought-provoking e-mail or an engaged response to the questions asked by the trainee: probably 10-15 minutes a week.
- Click here to read more about becoming an E-Mentor at Hopeworks.
- Fundraising Volunteers
Do you want help, but not in the above roles? Would you like to help raise money for our nonprofit? Or simply help others raise funds? Then participate in our fundraising campaign! Find out how you can raise money for Hopeworks by creating your own fundraising page.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- City of Philadelphia: Volunteer Needs around Food Insecurity
- Drivers Needed for Produce Transportation
- MASK ON! Philly Project – Volunteers Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.