Tree Campaign Manager, Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
Posted by on January 23, 2011
TREE CAMPAIGN MANAGER
From the start of his administration, Mayor Michael A. Nutter declared his strong support for increasing the City’s tree canopy. It has a central place in his shared vision of Philadelphia becoming America’s greenest city and in Greenworks Philadelphia. Greenworks Philadelphia’s target of 300,000 new trees planted by 2015 in order to help increase the City’s tree cover toward 30% by 2025 is an ambitious goal, but a goal we can strive for together as a City.
To achieve this very ambitious target, the City will have to increase its own tree planting activities and work with numerous partners under a new tree planting model in which everyone has a role to play to help make Philadelphia the greenest city in America. This role includes citizens, neighborhoods, institutions, corporations, and the City government all coming together in a new way.
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is seeking a Campaign Manager to provide leadership over the largest tree planting campaign in the City’s history. This position will require an energetic, hardworking, and creative leader to work with PP&R staff to develop strategies and plans for long term engagement, communication and resource development, and to implement objectives to advance the goal. No specific knowledge of trees or urban forestry required; however, experience with community/campaign organizing and a commitment to improving Philadelphia’s natural resources are essential.
– Educate and inspire the public and neighborhoods about trees and their value;
– Assist in developing campaign strategies and materials;
– Represent the campaign to internal and external stakeholders;
– Coordinate campaign efforts with the Office of the Deputy Mayor/Commissioner;
– Actively manage and cultivate relationships with private land owners, including homeowners, corporations, institutions, non-profits around the tree goal;
– Research and respond to appropriate grant/external funding opportunities;
– Develop strategic partnerships in targeted areas;
– Develop and manage promotional campaign events;
– Be a PP&R resource for campaign/community organizing best practices;
– Serve as liaison between PP&R, other City agencies, and external partners;
For more information or to submit a resume/cover letter please email Joan Blaustein, Director
Urban Forestry and Ecosystem Management, at email@example.com
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.