Treasurer Position Open on Pivedite Board of Directors
Pivedite Inc. is looking to fill the Treasury position on our Board of Directors. This is a non-paid volunteer position.
This is an excellent opportunity if you want to:
1. Volunteer for an organization that wants to end social problems in Philadelphia.
2. Communicate your ideas on how to end social problems.
3. Expand your current influence in the nonprofit sector.
4. Work on a new and exciting project for social change.
What are we doing?
Pivedite informs the Philadelphia Region about pivotal solutions to social problems and encourages expedited action to end those problems.
We are starting with a biweekly blog called Pivedite’s Call to Action for Philadelphia. Each blog post highlights a range of ideas, policies, services, or government actions that can be used to end 10 social problems in Philadelphia. Each blog post also challenges the Philadelphia Region to end these 10 problems on a system level or on an individual level. As the organization grows, we plan to add more services to help end Philadelphia’s problems.
Pivedite is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Our name was created by combining the words pivotal and expedite, and our tagline is “pivotal solutions expedited.”
• Provide overall financial management/oversight for the organization.
• Assist in developing budgets and creating financial statements/reports.
• Liaison with financial institutions as needed.
• Help develop the organization’s strategic plan.
• Help develop the organization’s fundraising/development plan.
• Attend networking events to promote and grow the organization.
• Help connect the organization to social change organizations in the city.
• Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
• Provide ideas for social media, blog, and website content.
Interested? Contact David Sherwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.