United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
Trauma 101: Becoming Trauma Aware
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) invites you to participate in a two-hour workshop, Trauma 101: Becoming Trauma Aware, taught by Lakeside Global Institute.
Traditional beliefs about the causes of “misbehavior” that have been around for centuries are quickly changing as we understand more about how childhood trauma changes the architecture of the developing brain and affects educational, health and social outcomes.
To help educators and health and human services professionals throughout our region gain knowledge about trauma-informed care, United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey will hold Trauma 101 workshops, taught by Lakeside Global Institute, that will allow attendees to:
- Connect with other professionals dedicated to serving children, families and communities;
- Gain an awareness of trauma and the behaviors associated with unresolved trauma;
- Learn about the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACEs);
- Get an overview of how toxic stress affects brain development;
- Develop shared language and knowledge about trauma-informed care; and
- Share resources to initiate continued exploration.
Upcoming workshops will be held at:
United Way, Philadelphia Office
1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Wednesday, October 18
9 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday, November 14
9 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday, December 12
2 – 4 p.m.
The workshops are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Refreshments will be provided.
Questions? Contact Rich Crespo at email@example.com.
United Way is your local partner to drive measurable, lasting Impact that none of us can achieve alone.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.