Trans-Health Information Project Co-Coordinator, GALAEI
TITLE: Trans-Health Information Project (TIP) Co-Coordinator
(Full-time position – 35 hrs. per week some evenings and weekends)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: GALAEI, a program partner of the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC) is currently looking for an individual to fill the peer-based position of Trans-Health Information Project (TIP) Co-Coordinator.
The TIP Co-Coordinator is responsible for co-coordinating the TIP program, including, but not limited to providing HIV risk-reduction services to HIV+ and HIV-negative transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender variant (trans*) individuals. The Co-Coordinator is responsible for ensuring program deliverables are met, including recruitment, counseling, and referrals. The Co-Coordinator works as part of a team to oversee coordination and implementation of social justice services for trans* communities.
• Provide individual counseling to trans* individuals on various sexual health issues such as HIV testing, HIV prevention, HIV care if infected, healthy sexual behavior, transitioning, etc.;
• Provide sexual health counseling designed to assist trans* individuals and their families deal with the psychosocial, emotional, financial and environmental issues of HIV;
• Respond to clinician referrals and clients request for case management assessment and intervention within required response time;
• Perform initial comprehensive sexual health counseling assessment and develop a plan of intervention that addresses identified need for crisis intervention, brief solution focused or grief and bereavement counseling, continuity of care planning and coordination of needed community services;
• Provide patient and family education on psychosocial and adaptive aspect of the disease processes and offer education on accessing relevant services and resources;
• Advocate to ensure linkage to appropriate services or resources for patients who are eligible for such;
• Participate in interdisciplinary care planning and collaboration to ensure effective and efficient coordination of inpatient and ambulatory care resources;
• Perform all administrative tasks related to caseload such as medical record documentation, entitlement applications, departmental statistics, continuity of care referral paperwork, team reports, etc.;
• Participate in organization grant related clinical and administrative meetings and activities;
• Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of clients served in assigned service area;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MAJOR QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Trans* individuals strongly encouraged to apply;
• Ideal candidate will have minimum of Associates Degree;
• Bilingual/bicultural strongly preferred;
• Experience working with trans* individuals;
• Knowledge of HIV transmission and psycho-social issues related to risk behavior including sexual and substance abuse;
• Knowledge of sexuality, homophobia, gender identity and expression and other issues relating to trans* individuals;
• Must be able to work with diverse populations of people and provide effective outreach to the target population;
• Must be able to work as part of a team, demonstrate mutual respect for co-workers, and be committed to working from a sex positive and harm-reduction perspective;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to facilitate groups;
• Must be highly organized, able to work under pressure, dynamic, creative, and self-motivated;
• Attention to detail and ability to take initiative in carrying out tasks to conclusion;
• Must be experienced with Microsoft Office and Internet.
To apply, send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Elicia Gonzales, 1207 Chestnut St., 5th Fl, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or email@example.com
UAC/GALAEI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.